- For his work studying cell surfaces of prokaryotes at the atomic level using electron tomography and associated techniques.
- Erica Ollmann Saphire, PhD, is the President, CEO, and a Professor at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology.
- for her seminal discoveries in cell and neurobiology using STORM and MERFISH, imaging technologies she invented.
- Hao Wu recognized for her work on gasdermins.
- Congratulations to Vallee Visiting Professor Anthony Hyman who, along with Clifford Brangywinne, is among this year's Breakthrough Prize winners.