2015 Vallee Visiting Professors Announced
The Vallee Foundation is delighted to announce the 2015 Vallee Visiting Professors: five internationally recognized leaders in biomedical research, well known by their scientific breakthroughs and discoveries, their distinguished achievements, and their positions of international leadership.
- Ari Helenius, PhD, Professor of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich.
- Susan Lindquist, PhD, Member, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research; Professor of Biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; and HHMI Investigator
- Gary Ruvkun, PhD, Professor of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Hans-Hermann Schoene Distinguished Investigator
- Karen Vousden, PhD, Director, Cancer Research UK Beatson Institute
- Peter Walter, PhD, Professor, Dept of Biochemistry & Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco; HHMI Investigator
The Visiting Vallee Professor program fulfills one of the core missions of the Foundation, which is to enable senior scientists to explore new directions, through spending time away from their own laboratories and administrative responsibilities to conduct research, exchange scientific views, and establish or strengthen collaborative relationships with a biomedical research institute anywhere in the world. We welcome our new Visiting Vallee Professors to the Vallee Foundation community and look forward to working with them in the years to come.