- Congratulations to Vallee Scholar Madeline Lancaster, 2022 Blavatnik Young Scientist Award Winner in the UK!
- Many congratulations to Professor Dame Carol Robinson, Vallee Visiting Professor and Director!
- Edmond H Fischer, PhD, known to us all as Eddy, died August 27, 2021 at the age of 101.
- This year's Vallee Scholars are Jonathan Abraham, Madeline Lancaster, Aashish Manglik, Ricardo Mallarino, Lisa Olshansky, and Julian Stingele.
- Recognizing that great scientists need encouragement at all stages of their development, we are delighted to be partnering with the Williams-Franklin
Vallee Scholar Melissa Harrison, PhD, talks about the research in her lab at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Dr Harrison's lab uses the fruit fly - drosophila melanogaster - to look closely at the developmental transitions from DNA to adult cells. Her lab shut down for three months in early 2020 because of the pandemic, but - with some modifications - has been able to function pretty much at capacity since then.
While many research laboratories around the country were shut down last spring, work related to the SARS-CoV-2 virus has continued apace. Vallee Scholar Andrew Kruse, PhD, Professor of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology at Harvard Medical School, who is interested in the mechanistic basis for protein-to-protein interactions, recently spoke about his work using a library of synthetic, yeast-based antibodies he has developed.