The Bert and Natalie Vallee Award in Biomedical Science was established by the Vallee Foundation in 2012 to recognize international achievements in the sciences basic to medicine. It is awarded to an established scientist for outstanding accomplishments in basic biomedical research. Nominations must originate from ASBMB members; however, the nominee need not be an ASBMB member. The Award consists of a $10,000 cash award, a plaque and travel expenses for attendance at the ASBMB Annual Meeting to present a lecture.
- Leon Hess Professor;, Director, Anderson Center for Cancer ResearchRockefeller University
- Paul D Boyer Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Professor and Director, Gene Expression Laboratory, HHMI Investigator, March of DImes Chair in Molecular and Developmental Biology, Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- Head, Multidrug Resistance Section, Laboratory Chief, National Cancer Institute
- Sarah Graham Kenan Professor of Biochemistry and Biophysics , UNC School of Medicine; a member of the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- President and CEO, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer CenterMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center